2011 museum calendar?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 6 months

Due to my shifts being changed next year I've got a bit more time to visit a few places I haven't been to before.

I know a few members on the forum are in certain groups or help out at museums and projects around the country, so would it be possible for a heads up on the coming years events.
firstly I'd like to know who you are, where your based, opening hours, and entry prices, then dates of any special days ie fast taxy runs/open cockpit days etc

I visit brunty on a regular basis (I'll be there tomorrow) and Russell Carpenters gorgeous T5 at Cranfield as often as I can, I've also got my sights on a visit to gatwick and the project 53 guys (I am lightning biased :D).

I know times are hard right now and I'd like to show my support for some of the other projects/museums that are out there as well.

could the info be posted via this thread if forum rules allow, if not a PM would be very much appreciated.

Plus if anyone knows of any other aircraft that you can pay to taxy/fly in that would be very much appreciated as well.

Thanks guys.

Original post

Member for

18 years 3 months

Lighty,

It's a little bit difficult to pin everything down straight away but all of NAM’s events [Aeroboots, Open Cockpit Days, etc.]are regularly detailed here!

Admission and other details are available here but please note that some admission rates will be increasing slightly from 1 January 2011! :(

Hope that you decide to pay us a visit! :)

Member for

14 years 6 months

spot on

Thanks for the links TwinOtter, thats great.
I'll get my work calendar out and I'll definately be paying you a visit sometime next year, your not that far away from cumbria (mind you I don't mind how far I have to travel, adds to the day out doesn't it).