Cockpit-Fest USA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

Following up on an enquiry on the Cockpitfest Forum I have been providing some advice to someone at the Kansas Aviation Museum about Cockpit-Fest USA, which is scheduled to take part at the end of September in Wichita, Kansas.

Further details have been added as a news item in the usual place on the NAM website – I would like to wish them well with the event, which will hopefully generate some spin-off publicity benefits for Cockpit-Fest 2013, which takes place on Saturday 15th June and Sunday 16th June, 2013. :)

Cockpit exchanges or deployments anyone?

Original post

Member for

17 years

They have some great cockpits lined up. An AH-1 cockpit is amongst the top 5 cockpits I would love to own but sadly that is not going to happen outside the US.

Would love to go on a cockpit 'deployment' - just need someone with big pockets to ship a cockpit around the world for me!

Good luck guys on a great event.

Paul

Member for

13 years 7 months

We used to have a guy from the US visit the 'fest on a regular basis, Chris ?

Member for

18 years 3 months

The ‘regular American attendee’ was the owner of a F111 cockpit and I believe that he attended twice and that he came from Texas.

At this year’s event I wasn’t aware of any American visitors, although I believe that there were visitors from the Netherlands, Italy and the Czech Republic on site on the Saturday.

If the American web-traffic to the can be maintained and ‘cultivated’ we may entice a few visitors over to next year’s event. :)

That said if we could get the 50 plus Australians that have visited the museum this week to pay a return visit next year I’d be even more impressed! :)

Member for

11 years 10 months

Hello Gents! I thought you might enjoy a photo of Steve Cannaby's F-15A Eagle cockpit that will attend Cockpit-Fest USA 2012.

Regards,
Justin

Attachments

Member for

18 years 3 months

Welcome Justin - the F15A looks pretty special!

Member for

11 years 10 months

That must be Chris Woodul, he is an avid cockpit collector with multiple F-111 cockpits and is a highly skilled at detail restoration work. He's also getting married this weekend.

Justin

[QUOTE=TwinOtter23;1907942]The ‘regular American attendee’ was the owner of a F111 cockpit and I believe that he attended twice and that he came from Texas.

QUOTE]

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hello Gents! I thought you might enjoy a photo of Steve Cannaby's F-15A Eagle cockpit that will attend Cockpit-Fest USA 2012.

Wow, now that is a cockpit!
Be interesting to see more here about the US 'fest and cockpit collections in general.
I've always fancied a Skywarrior or Tracker cockpit!

Member for

19 years 4 months

Brilliant stuff!!! Wish I could take one of mine there or Oz for theirs!!

Member for

11 years 10 months

Wow, now that is a cockpit!
Be interesting to see more here about the US 'fest and cockpit collections in general.
I've always fancied a Skywarrior or Tracker cockpit!

I will be sure to keep you updated. There used to be stacks of Tracker cockpits in Arizona. Im sure they are gone by now. A Skywarrior would be really neat, I dont know of a single person who has one.

Ill add a picture of the cockpit I just restored in the Museum's B-52D Stratofortress.

Attachments

Member for

11 years 10 months

DC-8 cockpit

Im going to go ahead and plug some of my personal projects. I have a Pan American/Grace DC-8-31 that will not make it to Cockpit-Fest this time around. Monday I finally get to pick up a nose radome for her and will have new photos to share in about a week. :)

This was the first ever DC-8 to fly from North to South America. Later she flew trips to Europe. She was part of the original 1955 Pan Am order for the very first DC-8s.

Attachments

Member for

17 years

This A7 Corsair cockpit was for sale on ebay a couple of years ago. They may be interested in coming to your event.

There are plenty of photos of enthusiasts enjoying the cockpit, worth a look! Do you guys at Newark attract that crowd?

http://www.dream-bigllc.com/the-fighter--gallery.html

Cheers Paul

Member for

11 years 10 months

This A7 Corsair cockpit was for sale on ebay a couple of years ago. They may be interested in coming to your event.

There are plenty of photos of enthusiasts enjoying the cockpit, worth a look! Do you guys at Newark attract that crowd?

Cheers Paul

Paul, it so happens Dewey was already booked for the McConnell airshow so he will not be at the Museum Saturday and Sunday. I hope he can visit the museum with the A-7 on Friday.

I took these neat pictures of his A-7 recently at the Barksdale AFB show. We were there with the B-52 sim and Steve Blevins was there with his F-4 Phantom. We all went out for a nice dinner to catch up. I guess Ill add a pic of the F-4 as well. That is a flying Phantom in the background, the last of the two QF-4E flying in the US. The rest are now QRF-4C

Attachments

Member for

17 years

Hi Justin

Thanks for the info and photos. To be frank I am a little surprised, I knew that there were cockpit collectors in the US but I didn't realise that they supported so many events / airshows. Do you guys get invited to the AF airshows and other events or do you arrange it so that you are invited? I would like to hear more about the movement over there and would definitely like to see more photos.

I own 4 cockpits but unfortunately am stuck in a backwater of the world where the opportunities that you enjoy just do not exist. I saw on Deweys website that he is booked for nearly every weekend this year, that is just amazing! Would love to create closer ties with the cockpit movement over there so just drop me a PM whenever you feel like it.

Paul

PS Your DC8 looks really cool but possibly a tad large for easy movement.

Member for

14 years 7 months

l

it would be nice if twinotter could attract that sort of scantily clad clientele, unless the ladys of newark look nothing like that perhaps? :D

Member for

18 years 3 months

:D You just need to be 'in the circle' to know, which days to visit NAM! ;)

Some great photos coming up on here!!

Member for

24 years 4 months

Compare this, with this.

Seriously Twinotter, you really need to raise your game! :diablo::D

(with apologies to DC!)

Member for

18 years 3 months

From what I have been told about the 'private photo shoot' at NAM in September 2010 surpassed both of those photos, you just have to pick your day!! ;)

Member for

24 years 4 months

Can we get an update report on that B52 cockpit reno in a new thread? Looks really good!

Member for

19 years 4 months

great events in USA!!

Member for

16 years 8 months

A Skywarrior would be really neat, I dont know of a single person who has one.

There's this one in a museum http://media.photobucket.com/image/nose%20section%20of%20an%20ea-3%20skywarrior/503_Tomcatter/Aviation_/028.jpg?o=1, and there's another similar looking one in another collection somewhere. I'm sure I've seen pics of another stripped one in the grey and white USN scheme, maybe at one of the boneyards?

Fantastic work shown above!