Spitfire Colour Schemes

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 1 month

Just musing - there are so many Spitfires and Spitfire Replicas around these days and they all seem to have military paint schemes. Now I recall that for instance G-AIDN and G-ALGT used to have civil, if rather boring, schemes. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a Spitfire in a flamboyant civil scheme, rather like some of the Hunters.

Original post

Member for

14 years 11 months

pl-965 was once Pink what a lovely colour she was.:)

Member for

20 years 7 months

Mmmmmm a Mk14 in the colours of Miss Demeanour :diablo:

Member for

20 years 3 months

Can I mention G-FIRE? Suitably flamboyant!

Member for

19 years 10 months

G-FIRE had a somewhat visible scheme, with dare I say very good Norwegian colors...

T J

Member for

12 years 1 month

G-FIRE was nice and bright, but I was thinking of the current situation. All these civil aircraft in military schemes just gets a tad boring.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Loved G-FIRE, I've always preferred the U.S fighters because at least their war paint is bright & colourful. I always preferred TFC's Bearcat in the red rippers colours. I don't mind the military scenes if they are colourful, BBMF's Chipmunk should stand out abit. Would be nice to see a JP in silver with all the day glow all over it.
If I had the money mine would all be in civvie colours & would all be producing smoke. Would love a griffon Spit with clipped wings & sanders smoke system blended into the clipped wingtip & with a full glass cockpit :diablo: damn I'm drooling lol

Member for

20 years 10 months

Not quite civvy, but I do like a silver-painted Spit. None like that flying around these days.

Member for

20 years 3 months

I do like a silver-painted Spit. None like that flying around these days.

MK356?

Member for

20 years 10 months

http://50fifty50.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Homer-doh.png

Member for

20 years 7 months

TD248 & RN201 looked fantastic in the silver with red stripes.

Member for

24 years 5 months

RN201 possibly still does look great in silver with red stripes, although I haven't seen anything of it lately in US show reports etc, is it active at the moment?

My favourite 'different' Spitfire scheme so far was probably Tom Blair's Mk.V JG891, when are we likely to see a four canon, trop filtered Spit again?? Seems a shame that '891 has dropped off the radar, she could really do with that trop filter going back on and her RAAF scheme re-applied. There must be a few wealthy Aussies out there somewhere, it's amazing such a significant bit of RAAF history hasn't been grabbed by an Aussie collector.

Member for

20 years 7 months

201 has apparently been sitting in a hangar untouched for over a year.

Member for

24 years 5 months

...and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Mark12/9-MK732DX4Sep2010PeterArnoldIMG_5031a.jpg

Mark