Falklands aftermath 1982

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Having a clearout in my studio this afternoon, came across 2 drawings that haven't seen the light of day for 30 years.

The Sir Tristam was hit by a bomb and the stern was gutted. I drew this at Stanley Harbour on a quiet (rare) sunny (rare) warm (very rare) day. It was being used as a port crane and accommodation ship, I was invited on and shown the damage which was extensive.

The Pucara was on the airfield and was drawn whilst off shift (24 on/24 off) probably December 82

I've a feeling I slung out more a couple of years ago:rolleyes:

Attachments
Original post

Member for

18 years 1 month

Poignant to say the least - pity you binned others. Thanks for sharing.

Member for

15 years 1 month

Very nice, precise, and not overly complicated drawings mate. Like you, I have "binned" a lot of drawing and my fist wife tore a lot up as well. Today, I only have one 'goodish' one left and it's an experimental. Somewhat coloured by age (50 years) the only thing still true, is the white poster painted hair.

If memory serves me well, her name was/is Sur Woods and she was an Australian model.

Attachments

Member for

13 years 4 months

this is a print of a commision drawing i drew for a Falkland Veteren a few years back. the originals always look a lot better

Member for

16 years 10 months

What a talented bunch you are!

Member for

13 years 3 months

Here's an oil I did during the time that everyone was painting Sea Harriers! Over sea, land or cloud, you decide, I only painted it!

Member for

14 years 5 months

Superb pics all!

Member for

18 years 11 months

Very impressed!

I started this 'live' on the Falklands and 'found' it some years later, unfinished.

Couple of hours later........

Love Phantoms:cool:

Attachments

Member for

17 years

Lost the hearing in one ear due, primarily, to "The Sound Of Freedom" taking off from RAF Stanley.
But we stuffed it to 'em then. Couldn't even "fart in your general direction" nowadays.
Resmoroh