German Occupation of Channel Islands

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 7 months

A colourised picture popped up on a Facebook page that I sometimes visit showing Luftwaffe airmen and an ME109, being refuelled out of drums from a British lorry on one of the Channel Islands.....the name H.A. Miller Ltd was still on the door. This is something I never knew had occurred...does anyone know much about this era ?

Original post

Member for

11 years 7 months

Dozens of books have been written about this still, for Islanders, very sensitive period of their history. I heard first hand, from an Jersey island business acquaintance many years ago, unsavoury stories of the occupation.

Member for

10 years 7 months

...After reading that piece Richard gray, I'd be happy to drop the subject like a hot scone, and if the Mods feel inclined they may want to delete the topic.

Member for

18 years 3 months

Guess you have sobered up now then, and realised that it was a pointless question in the first place.

If you were unaware of anything happening in the channels islands during ww2.

Why did you not Google channel islands ww2 and get 175 topics on the subject in 0.35 secs?

If you require more specific information on anything please, Please make your questions more understandable. :D:D