Lancaster ailerons

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

11 years 10 months

These were found in Australia, salvaged by a farmer who may have been thinking about building a very big windmill. I would be grateful if any Lancastrian could identify likely aircraft series they may have been fitted to, based on the serial numbers. There was only one 'official' Lancaster in Australia, 'Q for Queenie' A66-1, which was scrapped postwar. I understand BOAC Lancastrians served with Qantas in the immediate postwar, but do not know what happened to these. It is unusual to find Lancaster structural components in Australia and there are some remains of camo scheme on the fabric of one of the ailerons, as well as dark green on one of the nav light housings. I wonder if these were spares from 'converted to components' Lancasters sent postwar from the UK to support Lancastrian operations? Happy to swap these for Mosquito parts.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

11 years 10 months

Data plates

Data plates

Attachments

Member for

24 years 4 months

100% lanc AC type 683 on the plate proves it..

Member for

11 years 10 months

Email sent

Member for

11 years 10 months

Also potentially available for swapping are 9 incendiary containers, can be re-purposed for dropping candy bars from a Lancaster. Ailerons and containers can be professionally packed and sent, at cost of end user. Swapping for Mosquito parts.

Member for

11 years 10 months

Loaded

Attachments

Member for

11 years 10 months

Ready to load

Attachments

Member for

6 years 8 months

Possibly they have origin of French Maritime lancs? NX611 served some time out there and was at Queensland for a while before she returned to Biggin, possibly spares of hers?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Would love a SBC for our Museum - depending on value of swap -are they in Oz? Any idea of shipping costs to the UK! ULP!

TT

Member for

11 years 10 months

Swapsies not buysies - metal for metal. Affordable surface shipping is easy to fix both ways - c'mon folks, whatchya got? SBCs went on everything, great firestarters !
Mosquito bits, Merlin bits, Hamilton Standard 23EX-6519 bits, interwar steel strip aeroplane bits, interwar engine bits all good for a swap.
I will even settle for a Napier Dagger engine, without warranty.