Dutch movie: Resistance

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

I know there are a few Dutch members around here, so has anyone seen this movie? According to the IMDB it starred Bill Paxton as an American pilot shot down in occupied Belgium. It also features the usual love story, but also featured this Liberator mock-up.

So, anyone seen it? Is it any good?

Original post

Member for

19 years

Now THAT is a good mock up!

Member for

24 years 4 months

I still haven't seen the movie despite our museum having giving assistance and providing parts for patterns to build the mock up in Amsterdam. The woooden studio mock up of the radio-operators compartment was obtained by us and is now on display at our museum fully fitted out and using sound effects to create the enviroment an operator had to endure during a sortie. Some of the props such as the replica .50 machineguns taken from the Liberator wreck are used in a mock up B-17 sidegunner diorama as well as some of the props made for the film. As you know the mock up itself ended up in Belgium but only the nose, the rest was destroyed.

Cheers

Cees

Member for

19 years 6 months

Mock up

Cees,
Any chance you could post some photos of the mock up radio station and the B-17 section?
________
HEADSHOP

Member for

24 years 4 months

Cees,
Any chance you could post some photos of the mock up radio station and the B-17 section?

Bad pic in this link, I will have to take some pics next saturday.

http://www.arg1940-1945.nl/

Look under the museum pics.

Cheers

Cees

Member for

20 years 9 months

Apparently it is available from HMV on DVD.

Member for

20 years 3 months

The film has run in the cinema for only one week or so. So very few people saw it.

. As you know the mock up itself ended up in Belgium but only the nose, the rest was destroyed.

Cheers

Cees

That is almost correct Cees. BAHAAT, the organization who owns the remaining parts of this mock up also have one engine and some wing parts together with the nose section. The nose section wil be used as a traveling exhibit for BAHAAT.

PS: I know some people who will be glad to see the release on DVD. Thanks for the info PDS.

Greets,

Stieglitz

Member for

20 years 6 months

If it ever was in a movie theater near me, it must've been a pretty small one! I only knew about the movie because Flypast mentioned the construction of the mock-up, never heard anything more about it until you brought it up again Daz.

Member for

20 years 9 months

I remember the mock-up article, too, and saw a thread on WIX about another (slightly inferior) Lib mock-up, and someone was trying to find out about it.

Funny thing is I was talking to one of my work colleagues about a story I'm working on about an RAF pilot who falls in love with one of the female Resistance fighters (in France, this time), and she remembered reading a book along similar lines - turns out this is the movie from that book! :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 3 months

If it ever was in a movie theater near me, it must've been a pretty small one! I only knew about the movie because Flypast mentioned the construction of the mock-up, never heard anything more about it until you brought it up again Daz.

The movie wasn't a big succes. Someone told me that the company who made the film went banckrupt shortly after the movie was finished. One of our dutch forummembers had heard about the release of this movie in a dutch movie theatre, but was not able to go during the first week and so he missed the movie.

With that in mind, I'm very suprised to see that this 'forgotten' movie might be released on DVD.

Greets,

Stieglitz

Member for

24 years 4 months

Dutch movie: Resistance

Hi DazdaMan,
Mr Cynrik De Decker wrote:
Tonight, the film “Resistance” will be on France 2 tonight (Tuesday/Wednesday) at 00.20 hrs.
For this movie, the full size replica of a B-24 was especially constructed. BAHAAT was able to acquire this huge prop and they often use it for displays.
Cheers
Jempy