New Website about Aircraft Restorations

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 8 months

I was looking through some threads on here the last few days and someone asked if there was a website where there was a list of aircraft restorations worldwide… and the answer is no (unless someone knows of a site I don’t know about).

So I got thinking and thought it would be impossible to create a full worldwide list let alone just a UK one… but then came up with the idea of creating a site where people can post restorations as they here about them and give information about the restoration and its current stage…

I am busy creating the site at the moment and wondered what features would you like on the site apart from the list? And whether you think it’s a good idea?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Original post

Member for

24 years 4 months

Hello and Welcome to the forum Andy.
It sounds like a great idea!
All the best!

Member for

19 years 2 months

Nice idea Andy.

You'll need to ensure there is a "yes"/"no" tick box for the question "will it be at Legends?" :diablo:

As a newcomer you probably wont understand that but if you stick around you soon will :D

Welcome to the Forum. Roger Smith.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I like the sound of it. I woud like to see a link to the owner/operators website if they have one.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Restorations website

Sounds like a great Idea, one could follow the various projects and stay in touch with progress achieved. The Y2-K Spitfire project would be pleased to participate

www.y2kspitfire.com

Member for

18 years

Dunno if our project could be classified as a restoration(more like 95% new build,5% restoration) but we would be more than happy to contribute.Sounds like a great idea to me..Good luck with it...And hope to see it up soon.

Member for

17 years 8 months

The idea is you all contribute to make the list as worldwide as possible...

You'll need to ensure there is a "yes"/"no" tick box for the question "will it be at Legends?"

Do you mean Duxford flying legends? I have been going to airshows since I was about 6 and only recently started going to them again this year... I found myself finding out there was a airshow on a friday booking tickets etc and going on the saturday :eek:

I have the domain etc... and will be creating the main site today and should have the script for submitting restorations done by Monday... Till then I look forward to seeing your ideas... :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Member for

17 years 8 months

A Banner?

Not sure whether any of you have photoshop or a similar program but I am looking for someone to create a benner that is 768 Pixels x 198 Pixels...

Use your imagination and send me them via PM...

The bests ones will be on the site... :)

Member for

17 years 8 months

The site is now hopefully going to go up late tomorrow... Just need to get all the functions working and then while the site grows get a better design created to improve the look...

So I hope you all have a good list of restorations to post to the site tomorrow... I look forward to seeing how well this sites does...

The aim is to have a site dedicated to aircraft restorations worldwide... with the biggest list on the net of restoration projects around the world.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Sounds like a great idea, our motley crew would be more than happy to contribute.

Member for

17 years 8 months

Sounds like a great idea, our motley crew would be more than happy to contribute.

Glad to hear it!

Member for

18 years 4 months

Great idea, not only for the armchair enthusiasts but it could also help with communication between similar projects. sharing of parts, manuals, knowledge etc.

I'll certainly contribute what I can.

go for it!

Roy.

Member for

20 years 7 months

could also help with communication between similar projects. sharing of parts, manuals, knowledge etc.

We already do that as you well know Roy, and not just for Bucc's, but cross fertilization can only be a good thing for the whole preservation movement, the amount of times I have heard in the past "we don't know, we've never had dealings with them before" is astonishing :eek:

Member for

18 years

Sure there are a thousand and one ways to skin a cat as they say.Someone could have an answer to the problem that has been bugging you and your team for months.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Not sure whether any of you have photoshop or a similar program but I am looking for someone to create a benner that is 768 Pixels x 198 Pixels...

Use your imagination and send me them via PM...

The bests ones will be on the site... :)

If you have some photos or ideas, I can create a banner for you.

It can be in either static form, or an animated gif.

I did this for a local shop:

http://www.chinesevista.co.uk/maya/includes/templates/template_default/images/logo.gif

and this for my own website

http://www.robantnets.co.uk/photos/myby2.gif

What is the site actually called? Can I have a sneak preview in the site's current state, in order to try and get some ideas?

Member for

19 years 2 months

Do you mean Duxford flying legends? I have been going to airshows since I was about 6 and only recently started going to them again this year...

Sorry Andy - you sometimes need a wierd sense of humour on this forum.

It's a running joke whenever a new restoration is announced or a new vintage type is to be imported someone will ask "Will it be at Legends?"

Roger Smith.

Member for

17 years 8 months

Sorry Andy - you sometimes need a wierd sense of humour on this forum.

It's a running joke whenever a new restoration is announced or a new vintage type is to be imported someone will ask "Will it be at Legends?"

Roger Smith.

Ummm... Ok, i'll pick up on that after been here a while...

About the banner... I will be launching the site on a tempory design and then in a week or two when I have done a new one thats suited for the site... it will be placed over the top... so restorations that are submitted in the next week or two will not be lost!

The site should be up this evening... just got back from a meeting.

Member for

18 years 6 months

I look forward to seing this website come together.

Member for

20 years 10 months

URL to site, Andy?

Member for

17 years 8 months

I have ironed out a few bugs and have opened the site again... www.aircraftrestoration.org

Please Note that this site is still under construction... the main restoration list - including submitter is working fine as far as I know!

So get submitting!