White 1 Fw190 - Orlando/Kissimmee Relocation

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years

Hi Chaps,

As a "heads up" for anyone heading to Orlando:

I went to visit the "White 1" Fw 190 restoration whilst on hols in Florida Sunshine State over Easter, to find they had relocated from their Hoagland Bvd address to space in the (new) Warbird Adventure hangar on the adjacent Kissimmee Gateway Airport.

Not sure the White 1 website has yet been updated to show the change in venue, as they were obviously still unpacking and "setting up" when I visited - unfortunately none of the White 1 team were there when I called in, but the team at Warbird Adventures are very friendly, and happy to welcome visitors even if you don't buy a ride in one of their Harvards.

Stallion 51 are just round the corner too, but their site was not open when I was there, it was Easter w/e so I guess they were on hols, or playing with the P51's elsewhere, as there was a Mustang meeting due at Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight the following weekend.

Will post photos from Kissimmee Gateway (and some from Fantasy of Flight) in due course, once I've had chance to sort them out.

Paul F

Original post