Harrier GR3

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 5 months

I spose this is the place to go and there not so common in service but its a tricky one (mods move if your unhappy)

Anyways i was wondering if any would have any pics or technical drawings of a harrier gr3 in particuar the cockpit for an ATC project of mine.
Anything will do.

Also does anyone have any parts knocking about or know a nice source of them...besides everett aero.

Also 1 final thing, what type of ejector seat would of gone into a GR3?

Cheers
Matt

Original post

Member for

16 years 2 months

GR3

Speal to the cadet sqn at bletchley park as they are the custodians of a GR3 complete airframe I alas gave away my illustrated parts catalogues the other day to a guy restoring a GR£ cockpit at bruntingthorpe

Member for

17 years 5 months

I spose this is the place to go and there not so common in service but its a tricky one (mods move if your unhappy)

Anyways i was wondering if any would have any pics or technical drawings of a harrier gr3 in particuar the cockpit for an ATC project of mine.
Anything will do.

Also does anyone have any parts knocking about or know a nice source of them...besides everett aero.

Also 1 final thing, what type of ejector seat would of gone into a GR3?

Cheers
Matt

Harrier GR.3's left service 15+ years ago. Seat is a Mk9 like this one... Link

You won't get parts unless you do ask people like Everett who ~may~ have some old stuff, but you'll pay a pretty penny for it. They sold a modern GR.5 type 'pit for £3.5K recently, there's another AV-8B for sale in gutted condition for £4K, and there was a GR.3 advertised in Flypast a few weeks back which sold for £4K also and is now at Solent Sky.

Pic's of the latter two below. What's your budget ? You'll need to have at least £3,000 lying around if you fancy a good Harrier project. I know of one for around that price, if your serious...?

Attachments

Member for

18 years 4 months

I am considering clearing out all my Harrier/SeaHarrier parts, if anyone is interested, I'm looking for Phantom and Tornado parts in trade.