WWII submerged aircraft wreck photography

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hello

I'm new to this forum. I am an underwater photographer and have started a project to photograph sunken aircraft wrecks - around the UK and world. I have had some help with some locations from Wessex Archaeology, but if anyone knows of wreck sites around the coast or in lakes then I would love to hear about them.

My goal is to photograph as many as possible.

I have read a couple of threads here relating to wrecks, but a good list of 'targets' one one thread would begood so your collective wisdom, would be much appreciated.

Original post

Member for

18 years 3 months

If nothing else, it's a good excuse to go to Hawaii. There's a Corsair in 43m of water not far from Waikiki.

(Watch out for the dang moray though. He likes to surprise people.)

Member for

19 years 7 months

Hunter F6 in a quarry in yorkshire:rolleyes:

Its at the Blue Lagoon dive centre near Womersley, Yorks.

http://www.divebluelagoon.co.uk/home_page.html

(ther is a pic of the F6 going in on this web site)

I`m going to get my girlfriend to get me some pics when she dives there.
I`m not going down there its just not normal is it.:)

Ben

Member for

16 years 7 months

Hi photodiver,
There was an extremely rare Westland Wyvern TF.2 ditched in Falmouth Bay in 1954 due to engine trouble. Although i personally don't know of its exact location it was i believe basically complete when it sank and was never recovered.

Also i do realise that this area is very busy with shipping movements etc but its a tempting thought!

Member for

16 years 1 month

Hi, the lake on approach to rwy 19 at raf valley has some interesting wrecks apparently...