Chinook Down

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 10 months

Just heard that the US has lost a Chinook in Afganistan----Big loss of life.

How much longer does this futile stupidity have to go on for ????

Original post

Member for

13 years 7 months

Looks like 31 killed. :(:mad:

Member for

14 years 7 months

38 killed.

Member for

14 years 6 months

Really sad RIP. Its not futile stupidity these ***** need to be stopped wish more nations will send troops and aircraft.

Member for

14 years 2 months

R.I.P.
Besides the human side of the tragedy, that's a big blow to the special forces community. Can't remember that many SF operators killed in a single event.

One must raise a question what was a fully laden CH-47 doing in a hot LZ, though. Next to the MV-22 it's pretty much the last machine I would send in.. :confused:

Member for

13 years 7 months

I know they would probably ALL volunteer to go over there, but..........hadnt those guys done enough?! They did their bit. Give them a break........after the OBL raid they should have been withdrawn from overseas for at least a year. IMO.:(

Member for

14 years 7 months

It is futile: it's been 10 years now, and what has been achieved?

Member for

14 years 1 month

how many terror attacks have happened on US soil in those 10 years ? there's your answer.

Member for

19 years 2 months

As upsetting as this is,it is another loss in a long,pointless war.Operation Anaconda saw a few Chinooks get lost in the same way as this one.So,in a way,this isn't suprising.Chinooks are not the best thing for hot/high ops. And to quad bike: Why would other nations want to send their aircraft in to get shot down and soldiers killed for no reason!?This is exactly why alot of the NATO nations have been WITHDRAWING from not only Afghanistan,but Iraq as well.

Member for

19 years 6 months

How can it be such a coincidence that most killed are involved in the OBL raid. Those killed include Afgan soldier onboard. It looks like well planned revenge mission.

I always believe Afgan soldiers can never be trusted....

Member for

13 years 7 months

futile?

..i am proud to have served in afghanistan for whatever politics involved i and all the other nations and every soldier that are there have done there bit to stop a bunch of evil people torture and murder normal peaceful people who just want to get on with there life,it was worth doing.if you have been on your beltbuckle rounds hitting the ground between you and your afghan army buddies fighting with you then you can put smart **** comments about not being able to trust any of them.r.i.p yanks and the A.N.A with them.

Member for

18 years 11 months

How can it be such a coincidence that most killed are involved in the OBL raid. Those killed include Afgan soldier onboard. It looks like well planned revenge mission.

I always believe Afgan soldiers can never be trusted....

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit.
http://newsok.com/copter-shot-down-killing-30-us-troops-7-afghans/article/feed/283288?custom_click=headlines_widget

Member for

15 years 7 months

Love the comments about this being a futile war... how many of you have served in it? yeah thought so. the soldiers that are there want to be there.... and its a war that can be won..... but not in a few months like most people want.... wars like the gulf war, won over a few months are NOT the norm. so you actually think it'll be better if we withdraw and let afghanistan fall, meaning pakistan will too.... and then we have terrorists with nukes..... no..... i can see the logic in that:rolleyes:

RIP brave warrior brothers.... you wont be forgotten

Member for

14 years 6 months

..i am proud to have served in afghanistan for whatever politics involved i and all the other nations and every soldier that are there have done there bit to stop a bunch of evil people torture and murder normal peaceful people who just want to get on with there life,it was worth doing.if you have been on your beltbuckle rounds hitting the ground between you and your afghan army buddies fighting with you then you can put smart **** comments about not being able to trust any of them.r.i.p yanks and the A.N.A with them.

So true people are only thinking about economy and all that and not caring about moral side of the war and whats right and wrong.

Member for

13 years 8 months

As upsetting as this is,it is another loss in a long,pointless war.Operation Anaconda saw a few Chinooks get lost in the same way as this one.So,in a way,this isn't suprising.Chinooks are not the best thing for hot/high ops. And to quad bike: Why would other nations want to send their aircraft in to get shot down and soldiers killed for no reason!?This is exactly why alot of the NATO nations have been WITHDRAWING from not only Afghanistan,but Iraq as well.

Actually, Chinooks are perhaps the best helicopters ofr hot and high environments.

Problems arise when they get hitted, as with any other equipment in the world.

The best defence is always a carefull routes' planning and surprise's exploitation, but when by chance or by enemy intel you get to the wrong place in the wrong time, there is little left to save the day.

Member for

13 years 8 months

Love the comments about this being a futile war... how many of you have served in it? yeah thought so. the soldiers that are there want to be there.... and its a war that can be won..... but not in a few months like most people want.... wars like the gulf war, won over a few months are NOT the norm. so you actually think it'll be better if we withdraw and let afghanistan fall, meaning pakistan will too.... and then we have terrorists with nukes..... no..... i can see the logic in that:rolleyes:

RIP brave warrior brothers.... you wont be forgotten

I wouldn't like to derail the thread, but it is upon the citizens to choose whether it's an effort worth of the costs, not upon those fighting there.

I would dare to say that in most of the involved countries, people would choose to pull out of Afghanistan in a hurry, if actually asked what they think of their country engagement.

Member for

19 years

This war will never be won. Karzai is a crook, and even organisations like the red cross finances the taliban if only by just paying a rent that is many times market price for all real estate, and who does the real estate belong to? The war lords.

Nic

Member for

14 years 6 months

I wouldn't like to derail the thread, but it is upon the citizens to choose whether it's an effort worth of the costs, not upon those fighting there.

I would dare to say that in most of the involved countries, people would choose to pull out of Afghanistan in a hurry, if actually asked what they think of their country engagement.

That is because a few countries are bearing the brunt, the operation should be internationalized, let the Russians, Indians, Chinese all do it like the Anti Piracy operation.

Security of the rest of the world is just as important as Afghan peoples freedom.

Member for

19 years

That is because a few countries are bearing the brunt, the operation should be internationalized, let the Russians, Indians, Chinese all do it like the Anti Piracy operation.

Security of the rest of the world is just as important as Afghan peoples freedom.

hahahaha yeah ask the russian to come help in Afghanistan :rolleyes:

Nic

Member for

13 years 7 months

hahahaha,yeah the ruskies would love to see the taliban ex muj fanatics have nukes and go for some pay back,this thread could get huge,it is about the loss of a group of men all who wanted to be there who lost there lives doing what any fair minded thinking person can see to BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO,39-45 wasnt easy but it was right...dutch,french,belgium,c/s,you are there now remember your past.