F-15 Manx

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 4 months

I have a very poor photo copy of the F-15 Manx from Fligh International 20-26 November 1996....has any body got a good colour scan of this drawing on page 5

Again have a very poor photo copy of an artists impression of Lockheed's AVSTOL proposal in Aviation Week and Space Technology April 23rd 1990. interesting thing about this impression was it was released prior to the first drawings and photos of the F-22....it gave some indication of the way body shaping was being handled on the F-22. Love to have a colour scan of this impression.

Original post

Member for

19 years 4 months

F-15 Manx

here is a scan of my very poor photocopy

Attachments

Member for

20 years 6 months

Attachments

Member for

19 years 4 months

Thanks Distiller...Ive been looking chasing me tail looking for the manx for a long time

Member for

19 years 4 months

Lockheed ASTOVL 1990

Well here is my poor copy of Lockheed's ASTOVL in Aviation Week & Space Technology April-23rd 1990

Attachments

Member for

19 years 8 months

Can somebody enlighten me as to the history/concept of the MANX?

Member for

20 years 6 months

Can somebody enlighten me as to the history/concept of the MANX?

Concept for South Korea back in 1990.

Member for

19 years 2 months

I heard it was supposedly a concept for an improved F-15 to be a cheaper alternative to the ATF program.Looks kinda like the F-15U Plus,that was offered to U.A.E.,well somewhat.

Member for

19 years 3 months

I wonder how much better this version would be compared with the F-15C... I imagine the RCS and the empty weight should be smaller, what else would benefit?

Regards

Hammer

Member for

19 years 3 months

Could this configuration come back as an interim fighter if the F-22 is eventualy cancelled?

Regards
Hammer

Member for

19 years 3 months

One last doubt (sorry!) what does "Manx" stand for in this case? Is it an acronym?

Regards

Hammer

Member for

19 years 4 months

tailess version of F-15E

From the FI report the MANX was essentially a taileless derivative of the F-15E, proposed for S.Korea's F-X fighter requirement. Proposal dated 1995-96 The differrence with the F-15E is the introduction of thrust-vectoring and elimination of the tail....the tailless aircraft was dubbed the manx this may be a reference to the manx cat (a tailess cat with origins on the Isle of Man).

Interestingly enough the idea has not progressed much, I doubt if it would get much backing from the USAF...they want Raptor and if a cheaper aircraft with some significant improvments in stealth and manouverability could create a problem...so why risk supporting this derivative.