WIND IN THE WIRES

Built as NF886 at Loughborough, Leicestershire, Dominie NF886 initially flew with the headquarters flight of the Air Transport Auxiliary from White Waltham, Berkshire. It was taken on charge by 1 Parachute Training School at Ringway, Cheshire, in January 1946, moving with the unit to Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, later that year. Demobbed in 1948 it became G-ALPK and by 1964 was based at Blackbushe, Hampshire (where it is illustrated in October 1965). It stopped flying in 1966 and was cannibalised for spares at Netheravon, Wiltshire, in 1968.

Want to read more?

This is a premium article and requires an active Key.Aero or Key Publishing subscription.

Existing subscriber? Sign in now

No subscription?

Pick one of our introductory offers

3 months

Standard subscription rate £29.99 + VAT

Launch rate £15.99 + VAT

Subscribe now
Recommended

12 months

Standard subscription rate £69.99 + VAT

Launch rate £29.99 + VAT

Subscribe now

9 months

Standard subscription rate £39.99 + VAT

Launch rate £19.99 + VAT

Subscribe now