Eagle Dynamics has announced the Early Access release of the much anticipated DCS: F-15E by RAZBAM is out now.
The F-15E, also affectionately known as the 'Mud Hen', was developed in the mid-1980s as a swing-role fighter-bomber capable of performing all air-to-air and air-to-ground missions at low or high altitude, day or night, and in any weather. The F-15E is the USAF's premier strike fighter in use today, with over 220 aircraft deployed.
The 750-gallon Conformal Fuel Tanks give the F-15E an un-refuelled combat radius of 790 miles (1270 km). In an air-to-ground role, the F-15E can carry just about every weapon in the USAF inventory. In air-to-air mode, it can be armed with the latest generation AIM-9X Sidewinders and/or the formidable AIM-120C Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) and is additionally equipped with a 20mm cannon carrying 500 rounds.
The APG-70 radar boasts a synthetic mapping function that creates detailed target pictures based solely on radar imaging. A self-contained, networked electronic warfare suite provides an enviable level of self-protection.
The Weapons Systems Operator (WSO - back seater) is key to the aircraft's capabilities, maximising the effectiveness of the F-15E. The DCS: F-15E features multi-crew capability and can be flown in DCS as a single pilot/WSO from either the front or back seat. Despite both cockpits offering mostly-mirrored systems and capabilities, the WSO's job guarantees excellent role optimisation with a focus on the management of this potent integrated weapons and avionics suite. This results in enhanced situational awareness, aircraft survivability and platform performance with lower workloads and higher target engagement numbers.
The Low-Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) gives the F-15E phenomenal accuracy in day/night, low altitude, and all-weather conditions and enables it to attack ground targets with a variety of precision-guided and unguided weapons.
The Early Access release includes:
- Study level simulation of the F-15E Suite 4E+ software, present in the F-15E since 2003
- Advanced Flight Model that provides ultra-realistic performance and flight characteristics for the F-15E with P&W F100-PW-229 engines
- Exceptionally detailed 6-degrees of freedom, fully clickable and functioning cockpit 3D textured model for the most accurate F-15E available today
- Fully simulated hydraulic and electric systems
- Next-level pilot modelling and animations
- Laser-guided and unguided weapons - INS/GPS-guided weapons will follow
- Detailed and thorough simulation of the F-15E's AN/APG-70 Radar
- A free copy of Be Afraid of the Dark by Steve Davies about the inception, development, and operational history of the F-15E up to 2002
- Interactive training missions covering the most important aircraft weapons and systems
- DCS: F-15E flight manual
- Instant Action and Single Missions.
The Early Access version of the DCS: F-15E is available with a 20% discount for $63.99. The price will increase to $79.99 when the full release is out.