Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio have announced that Microsoft Flight Simulator launches on August 18. Pre-order for Windows 10 or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) today.
Microsoft Flight Simulator features include:
- Detailed landscape with more than 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more.
- Dynamic and changing world which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.
- Aircraft ranging from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with authentic instrumentation.
- New checklist system from pro to beginner, ranging from full manual to full assist with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklists.
- The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more.
- New day and night engine with night VFR and visual flight rules, navigation.
- Aerodynamic modelling- A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience.
There will be three editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition ($59.99 USD) includes 20 highly detailed aircraft with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports. The Standard Edition will be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).
- Deluxe Edition ($89.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator’s standard edition plus 5 additional aircraft with unique flight models and five additional handcrafted international airports.
- Premium Deluxe Edition ($119.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports.
In addition to its digital versions, Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available as a retail disc version at European stores via Aerosoft. For more information on these retail disc versions in Europe, please visit the Aerosoft website.
A fleet of aircraft and detailed airports from whatever edition you choose are all available on launch day as well as access to the ongoing content updates that will continually evolve and expand the flight simulation platform.